Sunday, May 31, 2009

iPhone lost

Went for a long bikeride this morning. I brought the iPhone just in case. I must have hit a bump and caused it to fly out of the bike pack. It was early, but I retraced the miles-long path twice to no avail. Luckily I had the lock feature on, so someone finding it would have to guess a 4-digit password. If they were smart enough to guess that, I stymied that by causing the device to remote wipe if they tried to synch it. If they were smart enough to break it open and take the SIM card, I prevented that by calling AT&T to disable the SIM card. I don't know how they do that. I asked AT&T to help me pinpoint the GPS location, but they said they only do that in life-and-death situations. Wonder why. I would have paid money. The replacement phone cost $400.

No comments: