Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Calvinist

So this Calvinist and I have been having gradually more intense theological discussions while our girls attend classes together. The school we're at is about 90% Catholic, and he's been more than happy to deal some cards on the table.

I mentioned to him I really enjoyed RC Sproul and the late D James Kennedy. I truly do - I like their intellectual depth. He was happy about that, because those guys are on his end of the spectrum of Calvinism. He was explaining to me that one of the disputes within his tradition is over whether man cooperates with God's grace or is completely passive and contributes nothing.

Being Catholic of course I am in the cooperating side of that question. But apparently that is seen as the more liberal of the two, not where RC is.

TBD.

No comments: